Explore one of the most attractive valleys in Chile and the world where the most emblematic landscapes and cultural treasures of the country are born. Old indigenous towns, churches and farmhouses of the first conquerors, covered by pyramidal mountains full of minerals, magnetism and a transparent atmosphere, give life to tropical, desert and Mediterranean crops and the most renowned wine and pisco wineries in the country. Discover the art of the Diaguitas, the legacy of the Incas, the origin of Chilean wine and pisco, the activism and poetry of Gabriela Mistral, the astronomical observatories and their mysterious new age communities.
Itinerary Day 1
- Tour of the old town monuments of La Serena, founding terraces and origins of Chilean wine.
- Coquimbo Coastal Valley, sites of the Inca and Hispanic conquest, haciendas, parcels and first churches.
- Visit pre-Columbian towns of El Molle, El Tambo and Diaguitas.
- Stop at Puclaro reservoir and craft fair.
- Tasting in the gourmet shop Papayas Olivier & Falernia wines.
- Free time in Vicuña and visit the Gabriela Mistral Museum.
- Menu lunch at Cocinas Solares in the small town of Villaseca or box lunch en route.
- Photo stop at conquistador encomienda Francisco de Aguirre and Casa Luksic.
- Free time in the towns of Montegrande and Pisco Elqui.
- Visit and tasting of piscos at Los Nichos distillery.
- Night in Pisco Elqui.
Itinerary Day 2
- Departure from Pisco Elqui and visit the artisan village of Horcon.
- Arrival in Alcohuaz, visit indigenous petroglyphs and an antiquarian house.
- Wine tasting at the Viñedoz Alcohuaz store and traditional lunch.
- Horseback riding through the small town of Pisco Elqui and climb the hill for a panoramic view of the sector.
- Astronomical Tour.
- Return Boutique hostel.
Itinerary Day 3
- Departure from Pisco Elqui and visit Valle del Cochiguaz.
- Stop at Piedra del Guanaco and Lama temple stupa.
- Lunch in a new age community and wine tasting at the Cavas del Valle winery.
- Visit the source of the Elqui River and free time in Vicuña.
- Return to La Serena.