- Seguro médico
The Route – The Places
On an exciting journey you will get to know the places that surround and take us to the highest mountain in America, the Aconcagua. We will depart from La Serena, the oldest city on the Chilean coast, exploring the beautiful coastline of beaches and bays of Coquimbo known for being ancient settlements of advanced indigenous fishermen and refuges for numerous pirates. Subsequently, the northernmost austral forests of Chile will appear, beside the bay of Huentelauquen and Vilu, which announce our arrival into a new world, the cold kingdom of Chile and the Mapuches land, where at the beginning of the conquest time lived the first whitme man of Chile, years before the Almagro and Valdivia expeditions of conquest. You will see in these areas, the greatest expression of the miscegenation and the hard times that were lived by one of the most violent women in history, Quintrala. We will explore the green coast and fertile valley of Aconcagua visiting the city of the Andes and Portillo, the oldest ski center in the Southern Cone, to later ascend towards the Chilean-Argentinean border to meet and explore the feets of the highest mountain in America.
Itinerary Day 1
- Departure from La Serena to the south, visiting the hidden Puerto Oscuro cove to then explore Huentelauquen coast (famouses cheeses and archaeological river mouth dunes).
- Visit to Conchali wetland (where lives the first white man in Chilean history) and the copper museum.
- Exploration of Los Vilos Bay to visit the Quereo paleoindian hunting site and views of the mythological mapuche sea snake Vilu.
- Arrival and lunch in Pichidangui coastal summer village.
- Exploration of Aconcagua coast and tour through Papudo, Zapallar and Cachagua fancy coastal villages (Visit Punta Pite land-art project). Night in Zapallar or Cachagua.
Itinerary day 2
- Tour through Quinteros bay (visit Casa Museo Dawney) and Concon town to see the Aconcagua river mouth
- Wine tour to Viña Sanchez de Loria
- Arrival in San Felipe de los Andes and visit its Archaeological Museum
- Ariiva to Portillo Ski center and vies of the Inca Lagoon.
IItinerary Day 3
- Ascent to Los Libertadores pass.
- Entrance to Aconcagua National Park.
- Visit the Inca bridge and return to Santiago or La Serena.
Transport, guide, lunch, tickets, night accomodations.
*Program need a minimum of 2 passengers. Ask for private tours.
Information and bookings
+56 9 90128608 – firstname.lastname@example.org