Discover the driest desert coast in the world and its fantastic evolution. We will arrive at the Huasco Valley to explore its coast and visit the Llanos del Challe National Park, astonishing us with its landscapes and diversity of plants and cacti. Later we will visit the beautiful beaches, bays and coves of the Atacama to discover the hidden and colorful life since the times of Gondwana, the Jurassic, its indigenous prehistory and the flora and fauna that survive on the coast of the driest desert in the world.
Itinerary day 1
- Departure from La Serena towards the Atacama Region, views of La Silla and Campanas Observatory.
- Visit the historic mining town of Domeyko.
- Arrival to the Huasco Valley, views of centenary olive trees, Atacama coast and Llanos del Challe National Park.
- Archaic coastal exploration from Carrizal Bajo to Totoral Bajo.
- Visit coastal towns Barranquilla and Puerto Viejo.
- Stop at Wetlands and Copiapó River mouth, views of Bahía Cisne, Isla Chata and Isla de Atacama.
- Arrival at Bahía Inglesa. Night in hotel.
Itinerary day 2
- Visit paleontological site “Los dedos” and city tour of Caldera.
- Visit the archaeological site “Obispito-Las Lisas”.
- Sunset and sunset in Pan de Azúcar National Park.
- Night in Pande Azucar or Chañaral National Park.
Itinerary day 3
- Departure from Chañaral to San Pedro de Atacama.
- Free afternoon.