Route to the Grand Elqui Valley
Valuable valley that gave life to valuable human creations, one of the most important in Chile, whose magnificent geography of mountains, fertility and a sky of great luminosity and sharpness gives an environment and magical world full of cosmic, solar and Andean energy, allowed surprising walks, inspirations and mystical creations.
You will know one of the most beautiful valleys in Chile and the world where the most emblematic landscapes and cultural treasures of our country are born. We will visit ancient indigenous settlements, churches and farm houses of the first conquerors surrounded by pyramid mountains full of minerals, magnetism and a transparent atmosphere, gave life to tropical, desert and Mediterranean crops and the most recognized wine and fish cellars of the country. You will discover the art of the Diaguitas, the legacy of the Incas, the origin and evolution of Chilean viticulture, the advanced astronomical observatories, the mysterious esoteric communities and the places, picturesque villages and traditions that inspired the first woman Nobel Prize laureate in Latin America, Gabriela Mistral.
- Home tour touring the founding terraces of La Serena, old town monuments and origins of Chilean viticulture.
- Entrance Coastal Valley of Coquimbito, ancient sights and indigenous commendations, first ranchs and churches and stop in conquest camp of Pedro de Valdivia of 1540.
- Visit the picturesque pre-Columbian villages of El Molle, El Tambo Inca and Diaguitas.
- Puclaro reservoir views and visit typical Viña Falernia and Papayas Olivier.
- Tour distillery and Pisco Capel museum with tasting.
- Free time in Vicuña to get to know its symbolic square and artisan villages.
- Lunch of traditions in Solar Kitchens Villaseca.
- Views of the Inca and stop at historic Paihuano Ranch.
- Arrival in Montegrande and visit Gabriela Mistral Museum.
- Free time in Pisco Elqui and walk through historic village.
- Return to La Serena.