We will travel through a hidden and longitudinal pre-Andean valley that will connect the ancestral provinces and mountain ranges of Elqui and Limari to discover the origins of an impressive geological event that shaped Río Hurtado and its renowned San Pedro de Pichasca Natural Monument. This worldwide paleontological, geological and archaeological treasure stands out for being the first place in Chile where dinosaur remains appear. The site is surprising due to the presence of petrified Jurassic flora and fauna and human refuges occupied since the ice age, where some of the oldest agricultural practices on the continent are recorded.
- Departure from La Serena to Vicuña and Ruta Antakari, ancestral connector of the Elqui and Limarí Valleys.
- Antakari Route tour and arrival at the Hurtado River Valley, picturesque towns and attractive landscapes.
- Visit and Exploration of the Pichasca Natural Monument, its petrified forest and refuge from the ice age.
- Visit Las Tinajas Archaeological site.
- Menu lunch and return to La Serena.